Join us for this single-session workshop taught by Portland-based director Scott Ballard (DEATH ON A ROCK, STILL STANDING).
Serve as a director in a casting session with professional actors, and experience the art and the process of selecting talent.
- Knowing your story and what you are looking for
- Clarifying your characters’ histories, motives, strengths/weaknesses
- Charting out where a character is at any moment in time
- Where to hold a casting session and what is needed
- Selecting the scenes to be read
- The professional casting environment and its protocols
- What exactly happens in a casting session
- How to communicate with talent during the session
- Recording the readings
- Get actor, instructor, and peer feedback on your directing
- The call-back process
- Frameworks for making the final decision
Related Courses: FILM DIRECTING STUDIO (also taught by Scott Ballard)
Tuition includes admission to DEATH ON A ROCK, which screens in the Whitsell Auditorium on Sunday, May 17 at 4pm.